Recommend Black River:

Latest News

Agnew’s Black River Fish and Float

Posted by Al Agnew on August 28th, 2014

black river

I heard it explained one time that a 20% chance of thundershowers doesn’t so much mean that there’s a 20% chance that it will rain; it’s probably going to rain somewhere in the region, but there’s a 20% chance that it will rain on your head. I was thinking about that early in the afternoon yesterday as I watched a big thundercloud appear to the east of the part of Black River I was on. I don’t particularly like doing overnight floats when there’s a chance of thunderstorms, but the forecast had said that there was a 20% chance yesterday for the Lesterville area, and 60% today. I decided to take the chance on the 20% with the plan to get off the river by around noon today. read more…